SEEKING AMAZING ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATORS with a HAPPY, POSITIVE, SUNNY PERSONALITY who ABSOLUTELY LOVE CHILDREN & NATURE!
We offer an inspiring, happy work environment full of fresh air and sunshine! We are a unique preschool environment and choose our teachers for their unique talents. We only seek well rounded, educated teachers, who are team players with a positive attitude and have the talents and abilities to improve our program. Puddle Jumpers does not believe in the use of the traditional Hierarchy system used in most Preschool and childcare settings. All teachers are considered “Lead” teachers and are held to those standards. Everyone is responsible for cleaning, supervision, teaching, changing diapers and potty training, and everyone will be rewarded by our successes. We are a business based on “gratitude,” this approach is how we run our business, how we treat our families, our children, our teachers, camp counselors, and volunteers.
Our Teachers must love nature and be willing to teach outdoors in all kinds of weather. Nature Preschool Teachers will also be comforatble with:
- Continually ask questions to establish children’s interests and extend the curriculum lessons to embrace the children’s individual interests.
- Learn about and respect each child’s learning style to while help them succeed in their education.
- Create a learning environment that intrigues and interests preschoolers.
- Be open to learning about new education ideas and be willing to implement new concepts & learning provocations into your outdoor classroom.
- Be comfortable with setting up & clean up of wet, messy, muddy , hands on sensory and artistic experiences.
- Be familiar with Forest schools, Reggio Emilia, Montessori, and Steiner/Waldorf education models and able be able to scaffold learning experiences based on each child’s interest and developmental level.
- Open, friendly and welcoming to families of all kinds, visiting educators and volunteer community members involvement at our community nature school.
You Need to meet the following requirements:
- Read each page of our website, including our curriculum page, visit our Facebook page, and familiarize yourself with our program.
- We are a half day program and we only work 4.5 hours per day max.
- You must have a qualifying letter from DCDEE (criminal records check and background clearance check by the Division of Child Development and Early Education), please see the Link button below.
- We do not hire anyone with ANY type of criminal history or any DSS investigations into the mistreatment of children in their care.
- NC Division of Child Development Background Check
- Employment Application
A degree in the field of early childhood education is preferred but not required. We are willing to train the right candidate. All teachers will required to attend ongoing training as part of their annual employment contract.
We welcome those still in the process of obtaining their education to apply.
- A conservative and professional appearance, no visible tattoos, unnatural hair colors, or piercings are permitted. You must have a preschool-friendly vocabulary, and impeccable manners. It is essential that you maintain personal and professional standards that are morally befitting someone who works with families and their young children.
- Our Dress code requires pants or capris and shirts with our logo are provided free of charge to all staff. All staff Shirts are school property and must be returned each summer and also to receive your final paycheck.